Outlook Express

Ratler 15:56 22 Oct 03

In all the versions of OE the I have used it has never been possible to put names from my address book into contact groups. I have created various groups from the main list but when I delete the transferred names from the main list they are also deleted from the new group..Am I trying to do the impossible or just something wrong?

Lozzy 16:16 22 Oct 03

Open Address Book click on File New Group, give it a file name then put in all people you wish. Repeat as many times as you wish..

Simsy 16:20 22 Oct 03

you are trying to do the impossible.

I think that when you create a contact group it compiles for itseld a kind of shortcut list of addressees in the min list... if it's not in the main list it can't be in the group.

As usual, I'm open to correction!

Regards,

Simsy

Zak 16:21 22 Oct 03

I have checked Help Files and here are the relevant extracts. Seems OE does not provide the option you are looking for.

"To delete a contact from your Address Book

In the list of contacts, click the one you want to delete, and then click Delete on the toolbar.
The contact name is also removed from any groups it is in."

"To delete a contact from a group

In your Address Book, double-click the group name.
In the Group Members list, click the name you want to delete, click Remove, and then click OK.
The contact is removed from the group, but the individual entry for the contact remains in your Address Book."

wee eddie 21:57 22 Oct 03

is to create more than 1 Contact list.

How you would manage separate lists I have no idea. Maybe do a separate install of OE with a different name, such as OE-1.

Ratler 16:39 04 Nov 03

Thankyou for your suggestions...I will make more than one contact list but this creates a new problem. How do I make OE open with my new 'main' list? Regards --- Ratler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…