Outlook export/import

I have just installed Office 2003 on my notebook and want to import the emails, addresses and account detals from my desktop, which has Office XP installed.

I have exported using the 'pst' format but when I try to import the file, which I have saved to a CD, I get a message saying that I do not have access to the file.

Is a 'pst' file the correct format for importing emails, addresses and account details and if so, what do I need to do enable me to import the file.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:29 05 Feb 05

Back up and recover Outlook / Express

click here

Search your old computer for files ending .dbx. These are your emails.

There should be Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc.

There must also be Folders.dbx, this is the data telling OE how the emails are compressed.

Save all these dbx files, then you can either import them into OE on your new computer, or overwrite the files of the same name in the new computer.

Look for a file called (name).wab, this is your address book, and a folder called Favorites. Save these and either import or overwrite to transfer them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…