Outlook Exp to Outlook

The Paul 14:16 03 Dec 03

A friend is trying to export "contacts" "calendar" "Inbox" and "Sent Items" from Outlook Express into Outlook 2000. We both assumed that it would keep the data in the same layout as it was in O/E and move it to Outlook like that.

We noticed that the Import Export facility isnt anything like that in Outlook. Is there a way of exporting the data from Outlook Express to Outlook so that it keeps the same layout/format.

menorcarob2 15:00 03 Dec 03

if you copy the OE .pst file to the outlook pst file location outlook will use the OE personal folders as they are in OE, you are replacing the outlook pst file so you will need to rename it.

The Paul 16:09 03 Dec 03

Can you run that by me a wee bit more gently please.

I understand this if you are exporting Outlook info for back ups etc, but how do I do this in OE.

menorcarob2 16:53 03 Dec 03

i have just exported from OE6 to outlook 2000 and it keeps the same structure, try that

The Paul 17:03 03 Dec 03

Hi - and thanks for your help here.

I have just tried to export an address book from OE6 to Outlook 2000. I was only offered 2 options - either the address book or messages. I chose address book. I was offered only one option which was text file (seperated by commas). This I did and it was saved as an Excel sheet of approx 16kb.

How can I save both the messages and address books as a .pst file in OE6. I simply went down, File - Export and thats it.

menorcarob2 18:00 03 Dec 03

try looking at the help file, look in index then put in exporting, it gives a good explanation of how to do it.

The Paul 18:21 03 Dec 03

sorry to be a real eegit - but I have spent all afternoon trying to do this and using the Helpfiles. As far as I can see, there is only two formats which OE exports, WAB abd CSV.

I understood that I needed to export them in PST format. If I get my friend to export in the preselected format to MY Docs and then import them from there, will this bring them in in the same layout and format as they were shown in OE.

The Paul 20:52 03 Dec 03

Sorry to be a pest. Any ideas how to ensure he gets the format retained. The Helpfile doesnt talk about this and I'm struggling to understand it.

The Paul 22:11 03 Dec 03

please accept the apologies of a computer twit.

I have been attacking this from the wrong end. I have been using O/Exp to do the work. It struck me that I might be better letting Outlook do it and bingo.

menorcarob2 - thanks for all your help and guidance. Sorry this twit missed the point. Paul

menorcarob2 10:11 04 Dec 03

sorry i seemed to disapear but i had to go out and did not get back to my pc untill this morning, glad you got it sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…