outlook exp & BB

Agent Smith 12:27 06 Oct 04

Apologies if this has been asked before, I can't find anything specific in search too many entitled "outlook Express". I have BT BB, Wanadoo e-mail addy. I'm able to download e-mails in OE but unable to send. I also have 2 tiscali e-mail addies also in OE Tiscali accounts say use "any connection" Wanadoo account doesn't give me this option, only
1/ Wanadoo pay as you go
2/ BT Broadband
3/ Local Area Network

I'm not worried about the 2 Tiscali accounts but I would like to be able to send from OE for the Wanadoo account as often when enquiring in a website the Mail to: link opens OE which means at the moment I have to copy the address and the subject and then use Wanadoo webmail.

XP firewall off. Using Zone alarm (latest) AVG, Spywareblaster and AdAware SE

XP Home SP1. Athlon 3200+ Asus mobo 512 ram

2neat 12:38 06 Oct 04

Why use an isp to send your mail? click here. Its free and turns your pc into a mail server. You can make it look like the mail has been sent via your normal isp. Its easy to set up and you only need to run the prog to send your mail. You can make it work with outlook exp too.

Noelg23 12:44 06 Oct 04

your other bet is to ring 08702403349 for BT Yahoo Premium Mail...they may even give you an option to forward your emails.

Agent Smith 14:21 06 Oct 04

Thanks for the input fellas and I don't want to appear rude but I want to use OE if possible. I just need to know if it's something I'm doing or not doing or if it's just not able to be done with a broadband connection. Thanks, Bob.

PsiFox 14:21 06 Oct 04

Many ISP's now require you to usetheir own SMTP server in conjunction with their internet service and you need to logon to the Internet with Wanadoo to do this.

Your best bet is 2neat's suggestion.

PSiFox

2neat 00:45 07 Oct 04

you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink! I am on BT BB and have a freeserve account. It takes seconds to setup postcast and works with outlook exp. & is free(no gator or any spyware). What more do you want? All you have to do is reinstate the wanadoo account every 3 months!

2neat 18:49 07 Oct 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…