outlook errors

sittingduck 21:18 16 Oct 06

I have just moved to bt internet but I now get errors with outlook both emails are active and receive but wont send. Any ideas ?

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.tesco.net', Server: 'mail.tesco.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 aamtaout01-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from [xx.xxx.xxx.xxx]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject ', Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 authentication required - for help go to click here', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

VoG II 21:24 16 Oct 06

Which version of outlook? or did you mean Outlook Express?

sittingduck 21:48 16 Oct 06

Its outlook express sorry didnt think to put what version it is.

skidzy 22:42 16 Oct 06

"Just moved to BT internet"

I am guessing you have a new Email account now and not trying to setup or collect your mail from your old isp.

This link should solve any queries you may have.If no joy post back. click here

sittingduck 22:58 16 Oct 06

Yes I do have a new account, as I said before I can receive mail ok from both my Tesco and BT accounts, I can log into tesco.net and btinternet.com and send emails ok, but since my bt broadband activated outlook wont send emails

skidzy 23:06 16 Oct 06

Have you checked click here

sittingduck 02:36 18 Oct 06

ticking the authentication tab in the settings got the email to work, now why did the BT help desk not know this ?

thanks any way for all the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…