Outlook Errors

Geord 11:14 30 May 04

I am experiencing the following couple of problems with Outlook 2000:

1. Every so often when I run Outlook I get the following message:

"Outlook has caused an error in MSVBVM60.DLL and will now close"

It's very inconsistent, only happening occasionally. Does anyone know what could cause this and how I could remedy it? Equally I've no idea what MSVBVM60.DLL is!!

2. The 2nd problem is that when retrieving e-mails the server will sometimes shut down part way through for no apparent reason. When I check Connection properties the pop.tiscali.co.uk adress has chaged to "localhost" and my Account name from just my e-mail address to my e-mail address/pop.tiscali.co.uk.

When I change the properties back to how they should be it seems to run ok. I understand that this problem may be caused by the Anti Virus software (Trend Micro PC-Illin 2003). Has anyone else similar problems and hopefully remedies.

Don't know if it's relevant but I do have Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Adaware and Spamfighter installed, although I'm fairly certain these are not the cause of the problem as certainly the second problem was existant before I downloaded these.

Many Thanks for any possible solutions.

VoG II 11:21 30 May 04

Have you tried Detect and Repair from the Help menu?

Geord 11:30 30 May 04

No - I'll give that a go. That's presumably start - Help on the Taskbar rather than help within Outlook?

Sorry my computer knowledge is somewhat limited VoG, but you're suggested fix on my IE last week appears to have worked a treat thanks.

VoG II 11:32 30 May 04

Sorry, Help in Outlook - then select Detect and Repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…