outlook error message

notnef 14:04 21 Jun 06

on opening Outlook 2003, I get the message

C:\progarm files\psion\pswin\pwolplug.dll

could not be installed or loaded. problem my be resolved by using Detect and Repair on Hlep menn"

That doesn't help. Just installed a Motorola sync software for Pc and mobile. any connectioN?

Once error ok clicked - outlokk continues to work

Any clues?

johndrew 19:45 21 Jun 06

Looks as if you have some Psion software on the PC.

johnnyrocker 19:50 21 Jun 06

palm stuff? or organiser?

notnef 21:44 21 Jun 06

there are some residual files on the c drive- I used to have a Psion organiser but I uninstalled it 2 years ago! Should I remove the remaining files?

johndrew 10:38 22 Jun 06

Looks as if they are the cause of your message. If you are not using the subject software it would be wise to clean them up. Ensure that no other software is using any of them before you dispose of them permanently; leave them in your `Recycle Bin` for a few days.

notnef 18:39 22 Jun 06

Thank you for your responses. I Think I have sorted this another way- I went into Tools in Outlook, then options and then into advanced. Then Com-ad ins and there the Psion was still ticked. I unticked it and hey presto. The mystery is how it turned up there in the first place !?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…