Outlook Error - 0x800CCC6F

Dellman 22:26 20 Jul 08

We have just moved from Dial-up (ISP Tiscali)to Broadband (PlusNet). We have been using Outlook Express to access emails (Tiscali account (previously UK Gateway)). However, we now get Outlook Express error code 0x800CCC6F when we try to send emails. We are still using Tiscali email account.

Can anyone please advise what the problem is? What do we need to do? Can we still retain Tiscali email account and re-configure Outlook in some way?

Sea Urchin 22:37 20 Jul 08

You will have to configure Outlook Express for PlusNet as follows

click here

and select a PlusNet email address. You will probably be able to collect your Tiscali messages for a while, but you have to use the PlusNet server

Dellman 22:41 20 Jul 08

Is this a Tiscali issue solely..for instance, if I had a Hotmail account, surely this would not be an issue?

Sea Urchin 22:56 20 Jul 08

You are no longer using Tiscali as your ISP but have moved to PlusNet - and you will be using them to send/receive mail. This would apply to any other ISP as well. Hotmail is different in as much as it's a web based email service, although you can access it through Windows Live Mail

Dellman 23:02 20 Jul 08

Is there anyway to configure existing email accounts with tiscali to redirect any incoming emails to my new Plusnet email account?

Sea Urchin 23:06 20 Jul 08

As I said in my first post you can continue to collect Tiscali mail in Outlook Express for as long as Tiscali support your account - but that won't be for ever. Your account is probably still set up in OE but you will have to change the pop3/smpt servers to PlusNet instead of Tiscali. As on my link above

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:18 20 Jul 08

0x800CCC6F means Tiscali servers have rejected your email account. Looks like that account is now suspended and you need a new email address with your new ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…