Outlook emails - how to delete?

nutsy 14:31 27 Feb 07

Office XP / Outlook.
One of my users has corrupted files in his emails. Outlook will not let me delete any of his messages - error message : "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". Same when I try to send/receive. Logged in as a different user, and all is fine. Have uninstalled and reinstalled MS Office to no avail. When I reinstall, it is picking up all the existing emails.
Any advice please?
Thanks

Nutsy

VoG II 14:51 27 Feb 07
  recap 15:03 27 Feb 07

Check your folder size by choosing Tools/Mailbox Cleanup. If you're over 1.5 GB, start deleting and/or archiving!

nutsy 10:40 28 Feb 07

Thanks peeps, but no joy. certainly the file is too big,having run themailbox clean up - but I can'tdelete any of themails - when I try, I get the above error message. Can't run thescanpst file, as I can't find which folders to run it on!! Does anyone know wher ethe meails are stored to allow me to delete them from outside Outlook, please?

Batch 10:56 28 Feb 07

Not absolutely sure on this, but I think the file(s) are *.pst (maybe even just outlook.pst).

You could search for *.pst and see what you find.

If it is just outlook.pst, try renaming in and then launch Outlook and see if it recreates a new empty set of folders (and hence new file).

recap 11:51 28 Feb 07

In Outlook, go to Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Data Files. Select the account then Open Folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…