Outlook email problems

osben 10:07 11 Jun 06

Hi

using Outlook XP

When I click on "send/receive" to get my email, in the bottom right of the screen it shows the progress in terms of percentage %

For some time now the retrieval progress has been slow and today the % progress goes up to 50% and stops at that. If I click on "send/recieve" again it will sometimes go to 66% but no further.

I have run the "detect and repair proceedure" just in case there was problem there and it completes satisfactorarily.

Can anyone suggest a cure for this.

Regards

Diodorus Siculus 12:51 11 Jun 06

Does your ISP provide any form of web access? It could be that there is a large email that is causing Outlook to time out.

VoG II 13:58 11 Jun 06

Inbox repair possibly click here

wee eddie 14:19 11 Jun 06

As Diodorus Siculus says, if you could view your mail on the server, not unlike one does Hotmail.

Then you could identify the individual message, view it, delete it and return to your normal habits.

I'm with BT and my brother sent my a short film, of his sailing holiday, about 4.5MB. That is what I had to do and I downloaded it individually.

osben 15:56 11 Jun 06

Hi Guys

Thanks for your input.

After all this it would appear that my ISP was having problems with e-mail. They said they were having problems with their phones as well. Very convenient!!!

VoG™ - Just out of interest, is the utility you suggested part of the "detect and repair" utility in Office XP

Regards

osben 16:11 11 Jun 06

Hi

VoG™ - I looked at the inbox repair utility as you suggested and found scanpst.exe and opened it up. What exactly do you mean by "the name of the personal folders (.pst) and where are they.

I have done a search for all .pst files in files and folders and only .pst files that it produced are in the Photoimpact programme I have on the system. Nothing else.

regards

reddwarfcrew 16:13 11 Jun 06

I have had exactly the same with plusnet today.

osben 16:19 11 Jun 06

Hi reddwarfcrew

Same as you - not what they were are they!!

me thinks they are are getting to big now and not really interested in their clients.

The time is coming to move on.

regards

reddwarfcrew 17:38 11 Jun 06

They used to be great (although only been with them for 15 months).

I got maxdsl'd 6 weeks ago and boy is the service poor.

According to all the various websites including BT I should have been able to get 4.6MBs with MaxDSL based on my line stats..... what a joke that was, my best download speeds are now only 1.5MB so I've lost 25% of speed by 'upgrading' to maxDSL.

Plusnet don't seem too interested so I'm going to give it about another month or 2 to see if it's just teething problems and look to move on so I can get back to a stable 2MB nonMAXDSL connection.

Trouble is, who to go to?? There's no LLU where I am in Cov so options are limited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…