Outlook email problem

rawprawn 15:12 07 Dec 03

Occasionally when I come to send an email from the Outbox, it just doesn't go. I have to start another draft, copy the original & send it again. I have noticed the ones that won't go have upright fonts & the ones that do, have slightly leaning fonts (in the outbox) Even if I reboot and try again they won't go unless I copy them & resend. Any ideas.

Lozzy 15:37 07 Dec 03

I take it from what your saying that you mainly use Outlook Express and sometimes use MS Outlook. I also take it that your issue refers to MS Outlook. Now if this is true then you need to make sure that you have a profile set up in MS Outlook and that your pop3 address and smtp address are set up together with user ID and correct password.

Pop3 address is for send and SMTP address is for receiving. You have stated your ISP but for example if your ISP is NLT then the pop3 address would be pop.ntlworld.com and smtp address would be smtp.ntlworld.com and if your ISP is BT it could be for pop3 mail.btinternet.com or mail.btopenworld.com with the smpt address being the same.

rawprawn 16:19 07 Dec 03

No you have misunderstood, I never use outlook express, always use MS Outlook. Most of the time (99%) I have no problem, but occasionally the problem I have described happens. I have no indication what is wrong it is just as though Uotlook cannot "see" the email in the outbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…