Outlook email

shellship 11:49 31 Jul 06

I have broadband, incoming server pop3.lineone.net, outgoing entanet and normally when I send/receive in Outlook messages are immediately downloaded. Today a window comes up "Please type your user name and password - server pop3.lineone.net - user name, password****." I click OK and get message saying wrong user name or password.
Once came across this in the days when I used Outlook Express but never with Outlook. Have tried restarting computer but still same problem.
Any bbright ideas out there please.

rawprawn 12:01 31 Jul 06

If you are with Tiscali, they are having problems. Leave it for an hour or so and then try again.

anchor 16:24 31 Jul 06

shellship: I have exactly the same problem as you. Despite their web site saying Pop3 is back to normal, obviously it is not.

However, I was able a few minutes ago to log-in to Tiscali web-mail and see my messages. Curiously, they say that web-mail is still not working correctly.

Hopefully, all will be back to normal later today.

shellship 19:32 31 Jul 06

Thank you. Curiouser and curiouser. My wife and I are networked with a central router. She is with Tiscali and has no problems. I have been out all afternoon playing golf, came back, tried again, and same result. I thought I was reasonably computer numerate but this I don't understand.

Jackcoms 21:23 31 Jul 06

I've also been having problems with Tiscali e-mail all day. See my thread click here

I can send OK. I can see my e-mails using Tiscali web mail (although I couldn't this morning).

However, I (still) cannot receive them using my OE POP3 account. Very frustrating.

shellship 21:51 31 Jul 06

Thanks for link. I still cannot receive anything but my wife still can. Is it because she is younger and prettier than me.

Bed time now. Pray for us all tomorrow.............

Talk Talk? Sky?? Pipex???

I need to use email now!!!!!

Jackcoms 21:54 31 Jul 06

It's reassuring to know that "you are not alone" with this continuing frustration

shellship 09:33 01 Aug 06

It's the next day now and still no success. Will have to view mail from Tiscali's web site. What a bore.

Jackcoms 09:56 01 Aug 06

I've just been speaking to Tiscali's help desk in India.

They are aware of the problems which continue to affect a minority of customers (such as you and me!).

They are still working on their e-mail servers, but the best they could offer me was that the problem might take "an hour or it might take 24 hours" to resolve. :-((

I was able to access a very few of my e-mails this morning by changing my incoming mail account name in OE.

It WAS - myusername.screaming.net - but I changed it to - myusername@screaming.net.

For some reason that allowed me to download a few e-mails. Presumably the ones I couldn't download are on another server which is giving trouble!

shellship 10:14 01 Aug 06

Thanks again. I've viewed my incoming emails from the Tiscali site and deleted the spams but will use my wife's machine to send new ones.

johnnyrocker 10:16 01 Aug 06

delete and recreate the account as it may have become corrupted which outlook is prone to.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced