Outlook e-mail Addresses

HughieR 10:46 03 Oct 08

I have bought a new laptop with Vista installed. I have installed Microsoft Office 2003 and transfered my contacts list.
When I type an e-mail it now does not come up with suggested names when I start the name.
I have gone Tools > options > e-mail options >message handling > advanced e-mail and ticked the box "sugest names while completing To, CC, BCC.
All the contact names are in my contact / address book.
Any Ideas please
Hugh

rawprawn 16:41 03 Oct 08

There have been some compatibility problems with Vista and office 2003, I can't remember if this would help but click on the icon and choose Properties, then under the Compatibility tab tick Run as Administrator.
I don't really know if this will work, but it's worth a try as there are not many answers forthcomming.

rawprawn 16:49 03 Oct 08

This looks more like it. click here

interzone55 17:13 03 Oct 08

The autocomplete suggestions come from emails in your sent items folder.

If you haven't transferred your mail folders across there won't be much in the sent items folder...

Woolwell 18:29 03 Oct 08

alan14 has got it right. I bought a new computer last June with Vista and installed Office 2003. There has been no compatibility problems. It did however take some time to build up the list of suggested names.

rawprawn 19:03 03 Oct 08

Agreed, it points this out in my link.

HughieR 10:00 13 Oct 08

I have left everything as it was to see if Outlook started to build up e-mail addesses but no such luck. All e-mail folders were transfered.

Rawprawn you say click on the icon then properties etc. I may seem a bit dim but which icon.

I am putting all received e-mail addresses straight into my address / contact book so that I can at least pick them up by clicking To.on my e-mail page.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Many thanks

rawprawn 10:13 13 Oct 08

The Outlook Icon on your Desktop or in the Start/ All programs

Woolwell 14:44 13 Oct 08

My understanding is that it builds up sent e-mail addresses not received ones. Have you sent many e-mails to varied addressees?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017