Outlook double copies in inbox

Bluebird 13:50 16 Oct 03

I have Incredimail on my computer but would rather use Outlook as my virus scanner works within it. Whenever I use Outlook and get new e.mail messages it always recieves two of everything. This does not happen with Incredimail any idea's please.

Big Elf 14:42 16 Oct 03

Have you created 2 message rules that are the same that process the emails as they arrive. I've just done this accidentally and started to receive 2 copies of emails until I deleted one of the rules.

Bluebird 15:03 16 Oct 03

Thanks Big Elf but I dont know if I am thick or what but have looked at the wizard in Outlook,how do you change the rules of recieving.
I am running XP if that helps.
Thank You
Bluebird

Big Elf 15:27 16 Oct 03

Start with 'Tools', 'Rules Wizard' and check the existing rules (if any) that are set up. Click on each rule and see whether 2 do the same or a very similar thing e.g. 'Apply this rule after the message arrives sent to youremailname move it to the inbox folder'. You can either modify or delete them.

Bluebird 16:37 16 Oct 03

Big Elf
I have tried that but I do not have any existing rule so therefore cannot modify them. There is nothing else I can see to alter this problem.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…