Outlook is deleting attachments

B Brush 16:29 01 May 05

For some reason outlook has started to delete any attachments that are sent to my email.

I assume it is outlook that is doing it as the first time it happened the message stated tha the file have been deleted by OE. Since that no further messages, but all attachment deleted.

The only things that have changed on my system are that I have installed Spyware Blaster and updted AVG, Spybot, Zone Alarm and CCleaner. (windows XP)

Any ideas please

VoG II 16:38 01 May 05

Outlook Express (not Outlook)?

Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

B Brush 16:47 01 May 05

Thanks VOG

The box was ticked and I noe unticked it.

Bit of a mystery how it had been ticked though, have had lots of attachments sent before that got through OK.

Still hopefully problem solved.

Thanks again.

BB

Dench 11:56 20 Jan 06

Having saved attachments from OE6 emails the option to then be able to 'remove' the attachment is greyed out. Why is this? The only way I have found is to forward the email to myself and remove the attachment then. This seems a long winded way, is there an easier method please? or is this yet another Microsoft anomoly. I need to get rid of the saved attachments as it is clogging up my email space.
At work with Microsoft Outlook we can 'remove' without any problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…