Outlook - Deleted Items Problem

murgle 23:23 17 Apr 04

Can somebody please help me.

I have managed to change the way my "deleted items" are viewed in my "deleted items folder", but want to change it back to the default view. I have spent hours trying to change it without any luck.

Previously the emails showed like they do in my inbox, each email was listed in date received order in the top window, with the actual message in the bottom window.

At present all my deleted emails are listed in grey rows with each row showing a + drop down menu to view each message from a particular sender.

To create this view, from the Outlook folder list, I right clicked on properties, then administration and then "initial view on folder", and this is how the grey lines with drop down menu's appeared. I have tried changing all the setting back but it does not make any difference.

Any help appreciated.

Smegs 23:35 17 Apr 04

Do you mean View-Layout? You can change the way it looks in there. You will be better off, NOT having the Pre-view pane open, as if someone tries to send you a virus it will auomaticly open it. Just a suggestion.

VoG II 23:38 17 Apr 04

Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express? Which version?

murgle 12:38 23 Apr 04

It is outlook 2002 XP. If there is just some way of resetting to the default would be great. I have tried reinstalling Outlook and using the repair function but nothing seems to work.

Thanks

scotty 13:28 23 Apr 04

Goto "View" menu and select "Current View". You have selected the option "By Sender". Choose the "Messages" option.

murgle 13:40 23 Apr 04

THANK YOU, it worked. If you knew how much messing around I have done. Thanks a million. Easy when you know how :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…