Outlook contacts lost...please help

Antz 17:20 04 Jan 07

After a botched sync with my Dell Axim I have removed all my contacts from Outlook 2003 and Pocket Outlook.. Does anyone have an idea on how to recover these. I have looked in 'Application data/Microsoft/Outlook' and the .srs file looks as if it contains nothing as it is only 2kb.......my wife is gloating that her pen and paper method is best. Can anyone defend the techies here.

Regards.

FreeCell 17:44 04 Jan 07

I only have Outlook 2000, but search for outlook.pst on your system. A big file would indicate it's your old data file, just open it with Outlook.

Good Luck.

Kingfisher 18:05 04 Jan 07

this might help click here

rawprawn 18:09 04 Jan 07

For future reference, "Backup Always"
click here

Woolwell 18:21 04 Jan 07

srs is I think your send and receive settings.

Of course you backed up your contacts into a pst or csv file didn't you.

However have a look at All Programs - Accessories - Address Book and see if your contacts are listed there. If they are there you can import back in to Outlook.

Antz 22:27 04 Jan 07

I am ashamed to say that I did NOT create a backup as I always considered my PDA as a useful backup of my data. I have had to re-install windows a few times in the past and used the PDA as my email,contacts,tasks and notes backup. Therefore I never invisaged this disaster happening. ........It started by accidentally deleting the contacts on my PDA and when I synch'd it with my PC the contacts were deleted in line with the PDA. It is down to the way I have Activesync configured. I will however try out your suggestions, especially 'rawprawns' essential link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple