Outlook - Contacts Folder

Tugum 23:44 17 Feb 08

After doing a reinstallation of XP SP2 & Office Professional, I copied my Outlook (Not Express) backup .pst file into Outlook & everything, emails, tasks & contacts appeared to be ok. However, when I select ‘To’ to insert addresses from my Contacts into a new email, I get the message that the folder could not be opened or it had been moved or deleted. But if I click on the contacts folder in the Outlook Shortcuts column, all of my contacts are correctly displayed.

Everything else is working OK

rawprawn 09:32 18 Feb 08

Try Detect and Repair under Help (I assume that you have the disc)

recap 11:10 18 Feb 08

In Outlook, Tools/Options/Data Files.../Mail Setup, click the 'Settings' button and ensure that the file path is correct for the storage of your .pst files

Tugum 18:35 18 Feb 08

VMT for the responses.
I followed the instructions on Betas’s link but got the message ’The account or directory already exists & cannot be specified’. However, the next set of instructions to right click on Contacts in Outlook & Select Properties, Outlook Address Book & check that the ‘Show folder as an e-mail address book’ box was selected identified the problem; my box was not checked/ticked.
Considering the time & the number of avenues that I investigated to try & solve this problem, I find it hard to believe that I failed to right click on the Contacts (KISS).
Again VMT for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…