Outlook close error...again

m800afc 17:23 30 Mar 09

Win XP Pro SP3
This problem has returned. Every time I close Outlook 2007 Outlook closes normally and then an error message appears saying:
"Outlook has encountered a problem and will now close"
The error box then waits for me to click on "OK", and asks if I wish to report the error. If I then chose to report the error, after error reporting finishes, I get another dialog box with the message
"If you wish to learn more about this error, click here"
When I "click here" IE starts and opens a Microsoft web page that states "This error was caused by Outlook 2007"
What is happening? How can I stop the original error message? I have tried re-installing Outlook, but it does not solve the problem.
I use four email accounts, two accounts on two domains. This happens on all accounts. Creating another account does not solve the problem. I have flushdns'ed, and have run Office diagnostics. I have run scanpst and that reports no problems. My system restores have mysteriously gone missing, so no help there.
I am getting bored with this niggle now.
Any ideas chums?

rawprawn 19:17 30 Mar 09

I'm sorry m800afc, I have no other ideas but to help anyone looking at this thread click here
for previous attempted cures all of which apparently failed.

Woolwell 23:08 30 Mar 09

It's odd that your system restore is not available. I'm tempted to check your hard drive. But this may or may not help click here

Which anti-virus are your running?

m800afc 02:48 31 Mar 09

Wollwell,
Thank you very much for your link. I tried outlook /safe and immediately got an alert to a problem with one of Microsofts own add ins. I disabled the add in and Outlook closed down without the error message. I hope this has fixed the niggle once and for all. :-)

rawprawn 07:56 31 Mar 09

Well done again Woolwell!
m800afc
Tick resolved ?

rawprawn 08:28 31 Mar 09

Sorry it was already ticked, I still half asleep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…