Outlook close error

m800afc 14:23 15 Mar 09

Win XP Pro SP3
This last week, every time I close Outlook 2007 Outlook closes normally and then an error message appears saying:
"Outlook has encountered a problem and will now close"
The error box then waits for me to click on "OK", and asks if I wish to report the error. If I then chose to report the error, after error reporting finishes, I get another dialog box with the message
"If you wish to learn more about this error, click here"
When I "click here" IE starts and opens a Microsoft web page that states "This error was caused by Outlook 2007"
What is happening? How can I stop the original error message? I have tried re-installing Outlook, but it does not solve the problem.

rawprawn 15:14 15 Mar 09

I would suggest to make a new Profile, I had problems with mine 2 weeks ago, and after 3 days having tried everything I tried this and it worked a treat.
Control Panel> Mail> Show Profile> Add >and then make a new named profile and set it as default.

m800afc 12:10 16 Mar 09

rawprawn,
I have tried as you suggested but it has not helped.
Any other ideas?

rawprawn 16:00 16 Mar 09

Can you do a System Restore to a date before this occurred?
If so, do it in safe mode.

Woolwell 21:33 16 Mar 09

rawprawn - Good to know that you are still ok.

For m800afc.

You could try scanpst to see if the pst file is corrupt or office diagnostics.

rawprawn 07:57 17 Mar 09

Thank you for joining in, I know you are the expert.
No problems at all now after the change of profile, I was hoping it would solve this problem.

m800afc 19:00 29 Mar 09

I am still having this problem with Outlook. I am unable to perform a system restore because my restore points have mysteriously disappeared.
Any other ideas, chums?

Woolwell 22:31 29 Mar 09

Suggest you do a virus and anti-malware scan.
Run scanpst to see if your pst file is corrupt.
Also go to Programs - Microsoft Office - Office Tools and run Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…