Outlook changes normal.dot

wiznyme 08:12 13 Aug 03

I'm using office XP on Windows XP and have a very annoying problem with Outlook.

Every time I close down Outlook I get a message saying "Changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.dot. Do you want to save those changes".

I've run scans with both AVG & Ad-Aware, both fully up to date & both found nothing, I've also checked for the stamps.com internet postage add-in but again came up clean.

I can stop this from happening by un-ticking the "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" box but I would rather use word as the editor.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

wiznyme 12:24 13 Aug 03

Bumping back up

Ben Avery 12:33 13 Aug 03

If you have changed the format of the page at all in Word for email messages, the computer is merely asking you if you want it to remember those changes.

Click on "Yes" and it will go away!

Ben Avery 12:34 13 Aug 03

And if you're really worried, backup the NORMAL.dot file 1st as OLDNORMAL.dot or similar and if you have any problems, delete the new NORMAL.dot and rename the old 1 again.

wiznyme 13:52 13 Aug 03

I've tried saying both yes & no but always comes back next time I close outlook.

I've also tried deleting normal.dot but this made no difference either.

Jester2K II 14:45 13 Aug 03

Do you use HTML format for sending e-mails?

wiznyme 16:48 13 Aug 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…