Outlook - cant send - all else ok

albiex 19:19 03 Apr 04

have lost the ability to send e-mails...I can access the web and I receive e-mails ok..when I try to send e-mails they just stay in the outbox and I get lots of msgs about ' send and rec error 0x800ccc13' unable to access the network check your network or modem....as I can do the above it would seem this is a red herring..? I also get a time out error ( if I leave it long enough) 0x8004210b.
My isp has tried all sorts of things to try to cure, to no avail....(I've taken out both Anti vir and ZoneAlarm pro and spybot)

I've had this set up for over a year with no problems. I have set up new accounts, tried repair, uninstalled outlook, reinstalled outlook, uninstalled office and reinstalled, tried every trick that I can find in the knowledge base, tried a couple of things people have sent me...I've checked and double checked my settings all to no avail...

I've installed every patch, fix and update I can find..

I installed outlook express and that works with no problem.....

Any ideas..? i can ping the pop/smtp servers and also run tracert/telnet against the ip addresses with no problem...

I'm using windows XP and Office XP
one extra bit of info - I bought a new hard disk, cloned the old one (from C)..I'd told this does make a difference,,but I'm not so sure.

This is driving me crazy...!

Diodorus Siculus 19:25 03 Apr 04

click here

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if the versions of Outlook Express and Microsoft Internet Explorer are not the same. Outlook 2002 relies on several files that Outlook Express installs and uses.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, either upgrade to the most recent version of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer, or install the version of Outlook Express that matches the version of Internet Explorer that is installed on your computer.

albiex 19:31 03 Apr 04

Thanks for this ..I'll try it...BUT...its outlook I have not Outlook express.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 19:41 03 Apr 04

Outlook 2002 relies on several files that Outlook Express installs and uses.

albiex 19:42 03 Apr 04

Sorry Diodorus..

I misread your reply..apologies.

I'll give it a try..outlook is 6.0.2800.1106
and explorer is 6.00,2800.1123.

regards Al

Diodorus Siculus 19:44 03 Apr 04

No need for apologies :-}

Hope it works ok for you.

albiex 20:49 03 Apr 04

got the latest downloads from microsoft...

I was already on the latest versions.

no joy I'm afraid....

Thanks for yor help..it was worth a try..

Alw

Diodorus Siculus 22:30 03 Apr 04

Can you try a repair of IE which will also sort out OE? click here

GaT7 23:11 03 Apr 04

This tweak may cure it -click here.

It's not 'exactly' related to your particular problem but it has helped some with your problems - error 0x800ccc13.

Back up your Registry before attempting & reboot your PC for it to take effect.

deadneat 01:18 04 Apr 04

I use this click here to send e-mails. Its free, easy to set up, & you dont have to rely on isp to send your mail.

albiex 17:54 04 Apr 04

Thanks guys...

Unfortunately the repair option did not fix the problem.

The MTU option I had already tried using a pgm call TCPoptimizer..got all the way up to 1400 still no luck.

The free Smtp sever option is good but I'd rather try and fix outlook if possible...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…