Outlook can't install

Micken 19:21 05 Apr 04

I upgraded to Outlook 2002 on W2K recently but had problems synching it with PDA. Tried repairing, removing and reinstalling but I'm getting a message that says the administrator (me) has set policies preventing the installation (which I haven't). Anyone got a lead on where to start with this?

Micken 19:56 05 Apr 04

Any ideas folks?

VoG II 20:12 05 Apr 04

What is the exact error message?

Micken 21:28 05 Apr 04

It reads "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". The administrator is me and I can't see where this message is coming from.

VoG II 22:20 05 Apr 04

Are you logged on as Administrator (not user with Administrator priviledges)?

Micken 23:35 05 Apr 04

Yes I am administrator, I built the machine and installed all software. It has run perfectly well for years. I have reinstalled Outlook 2000 but it refuses to let me install Outlook 2002 from either the original CD or hard drive. It just give that message.

Micken 23:02 06 Apr 04

For info. I've reinstalled Outlook 2000. It's running and synching with my PDA. Trying to install Outlook 2002 still gives same error message. I need to get on with life so I will stick with older software. Thanks for your contributions.

VoG II 23:04 06 Apr 04

Sorry, I searched and could not find a solution to your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…