Outlook can't find outlook express

jelboy 20:19 13 Feb 07

I have loaded Office XP. When I try to start Outlook, an error meesage appears saying Outlook can't start as it can't find Outlook Express. I have Outlook Express 6 on my PC, so I think the problem must be a Registry problem.

I have internet explorer 7 installed.

Can anybody help?

Diodorus Siculus 20:39 13 Feb 07

Try a "detect and repair" under the help menu.

jelboy 20:58 13 Feb 07

Which help menu?

jelboy 21:08 13 Feb 07

Sorry Diodorus! You mean the Office detect & repair! I've tried that and nothing doing! I still get told that it requires Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 or greater!

Diodorus Siculus 22:17 13 Feb 07

Try the system file checker:

click here
scannow sfc - how to use SFC.EXE (system file checker)

jelboy 22:40 13 Feb 07

I've run that, but I still get the error message. Does anyone know a good registry checker?

Diodorus Siculus 23:07 13 Feb 07

One last option

Go to control panel, add/remove programs

windows components

remove Outlook Express

reboot

back to Add/Remove programs

tick to install OE

Reboot

Diodorus Siculus 23:08 13 Feb 07

Actually, another last option:

click here
How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

jelboy 10:29 16 Feb 07

Thanks for all your help. I've tried all the options suggested, but still no go.

I think a reinstall is called for.

bswatts 15:55 08 Jun 07

I have read through all the troubles experienced by your contributors concerning email 'errors'. I have tried all the suggested cures without success. I use Windows XP and connection the the Internet via broadband is OK.
I have also spent almost an hour on the 'phone to a lady who eventually it should be OK later in the day - I think, translated, that means she gave up!
In desperation I have written by 'snail mail' to Tiscali at their London address and if the problem gets resolve I post a note to tell you what the solution is. If not I will be changing ISP.

Jackcoms 16:11 08 Jun 07

I can't see how your post relates to the rest of this thread.

Can you explain, please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…