Outlook Calendar Blue Today Maker

rawprawn 09:57 08 Mar 05

Outlook in Office XP Pro 2003, When I opened my old Outlook 2000 the blue marker that shows the day (in month view) automatically appeared at todays date. Mine only appears after clicking on a date. How do I configure it to appear auto at the correct date when I open Calendar.

rawprawn 12:52 08 Mar 05

Anyone ?

Happy Soul 13:10 08 Mar 05

Same thing here rawprawn, after I updated to 2002. I've checked every setting I can think of but have failed to find an answer.

The strange thing is, I've found that if I start with Day, Work Week or Week, the date will highlight when changing to Month.

rawprawn 13:36 08 Mar 05

I'm glad that I am not the only one baffled, maybe some kind soul "happy or not" can help.You are right about starting in another view and changing to month, it works fine.

Happy Soul 19:07 08 Mar 05

Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - Start-up in this Folder, change to Calendar.

Low and behold, when you start Outlook the date is highlighted in Month.

Still not the real answer but close. I tried changing back Start-up Outlook today and it had disappeared again.

VoG II 19:16 08 Mar 05

Mine looks like

click here

Is that what you mean?

Happy Soul 21:25 08 Mar 05

That's it, except my 2002 is set grey and white and the date indicator is blue.

As rawprawn says, it used to show automatically in 2000, when going to Calendar Month, but in 2002 or 2003 it doesn't, unless you go through the proceedure above.

It's not a big deal but can't understand why things have changed.

rawprawn 09:01 09 Mar 05

Happy Soul You are right about getting it to auto open by opening in Calendar, but I want to open in Outlook, keep trying.
VoG™ yes that's the bar but again mine is set to alternate between White and grey backgrounds on a monthly basis, (I don't see how to cutomise this either). The bar showing today is always Royal Blue

Happy Soul 14:06 09 Mar 05

rawprawn, I've tried again today and been through every setting I can find, still no luck.

Like you, I always open in Outlook.

Maybe there is no way of us getting what we want.

rawprawn 14:11 09 Mar 05

I think you are probably right, this will bump it to the top for the last time, if there are no further suggestions I will mark it reolved

rawprawn 18:12 09 Mar 05

I will mark this as resolved, although in truth I give in. There are many problems which occur in life which can be divided into two catogories, those over which you have some control, and those which are beyond control. This would seem to be the latter, if that is so so be it, I can do nothing.That is not a saying by Confucious, but rawprawn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…