Outlook Blocked Access

aph 13:42 25 Oct 04

My friend is trying to send me an executable file via email. when the mail arrives it shows an attachment in Outlook but I see a message when I open the email saying 'Outlook blocked access to the potentially unsafe attachment'. This is on my PC at home (not an office) and I cannot remember configuring outlook to stop any attachments? but there is no help topi c I can find and there is no obvious location in 'tools-options'where I can see why Outloook is doing this?

the only thing I found says
There are two levels of attachment security. Access to level 1 files is blocked and can't be changed. When you receive an attachment with a level 2 file type, you will be prompted to save the file to your hard disk. If you use Microsoft Exchange Server, your administrator can add and remove file types for both levels of e-mail security. If a file type is added to both levels, it will be treated as a level 1 file type.

Cannot I not reconfigure to allow exe's to be allowed through ?

spikeychris 16:33 25 Oct 04

You could edit the reg or click here and just use the superb prog.

aph 17:44 25 Oct 04

spikeychris
thanks for the speedy response !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…