Outlook backup problem

igr 11:38 19 Apr 04

I recently backed up my Outlook files by creating a .pst file of my personal folder in anticipation of a clean install of my hard drive to get rid of a few gremlins that had crept in.

New install completed, but the new Outlook won't give me access to the backup .pst files.

Any thoughts as to how I can access these files?

AndySD 11:59 19 Apr 04

What is the message you are getting?

If the pst file is on a cd try coping the file to the hard drive then right click on it and untick Read Only.

anchor 12:32 19 Apr 04

How are you trying to access the backup, and from where?.

igr 20:15 20 Apr 04

Many thanks, I was able to set up a new W2K o/s without the gremlins - although I had some problems with worms and viruses when downloading the windows Updates. I took the precaution of loading Spybot and AVG before going on-line. Guess its the BB connection - so I have now loaded ZoneAlarm Pro to deal with that.

Regret I was not able to get back soon, but its taken 2 days to sort things out and get back on line.

AndySD 20:29 20 Apr 04

Glad its all up and working .. is outlook ok now?

igr 18:00 21 Apr 04

Yes outlook is working fine and dandy. As you suggested I copied the .pst file to the hard disk from the cd archive and changed the file attributes from read only to archive. It worked and saved a lot of sweat. How do you do it!

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…