outlook backup of contacts and emails

jam2morrow 11:48 17 Mar 04

Hello!

Have you got any idea how to backup outlook files? It is Outlook 2000 SR-1. I want to make a backup copy of my contacts and emails I have received and sent onto a CDRW so that I can intermittently update it.

I tried to export my contacts as follows:
File
-> Export or import
-> Export to a file
-> Personal folder file
-> Select folder to export from... contacts
-> Options... replace duplicats (whatever this means)
-> Save exported file as:
C:\documentsandsettings\jamesroberton\localsettings\applicationdata\microsoft\outlook\contactsbackup.pst (I edited in the "contacts" bit
-> Encryption... none selected (why would I need any?)
-> Password (now I was really concerned, what was going on I was just trying to make a copy of some files, what was this password business?)

This didn't work. I am sure that it made a backup file somewhere on the C drive but that is of no use to me. Why is this so difficult? Surely this is a common task that even ordinary people can manage.

I have no idea how to even attempt to make copies of my emails.

Also I noticed when exploring my C drive that I have a Microsoft Address book nestled in there. I had no idea about this. I have just been putting all of my contact info ino the outlook contacts book. What does everyone else do?

Any help appreciated.

James

pc moron 12:44 17 Mar 04
  bretsky 13:45 17 Mar 04

Go to click here

bretsky ;0)

rawprawn 13:50 17 Mar 04

pcmoron is right, I promise you it will work fine. However if you want to backup to somewhere else go to import, export/export to a file/next/highlight MS Excel/next/

rawprawn 13:55 17 Mar 04

Sorry pressed the wrong button, I will continue.Highlight the bit you want to export for eg Contacts/next/ name it contacts & choose where you want it to be saved to click finish. The same applies to all others such as emails. If you lost the first attempt you made look in MY Documents I think that is default.

jam2morrow 19:26 17 Mar 04

Thanks for the help. Reckon I can sort it now. Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…