Outlook Backing Up

marcbryant 07:08 29 Nov 05

Hello All

I am in the process of backing up my computer and would like to know how I can transfer all of my e-mails and e-mail addresses onto a disc. I am running XP and working with Outlook 2000.
Any help would be great thanks.

MAJ 07:43 29 Nov 05

Outlook's stores all it's data in a .pst file, marcbryant, have a look at this tutorial for backing up the .pst file. click here

rawprawn 07:55 29 Nov 05

Open Outlook/File/Import Export and follow the wizard, you can put them into a spreadsheet or save them as a .pst file as MAJ points out.There is also a plug in for backinng up Outlook
click here

Adelphos 07:56 29 Nov 05

I drill down into Local Disk (C:)/Documents and Settings/(My Name)/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/ (Note you need to be showing Hidden Files under the Folder Options/View checklist).
Inside the Outlook folder you'll find the Outlook.pst file. If you burn that to your CD, you can use the saved file for backup or to replace the Outlook data file on another computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…