Outlook attachments opening in Word

Desert Andy 09:20 19 Jul 05

When opening an attachment in oulook, it asked which program i should use, I selected word and I ticked the box always use this program. This was fine when all attachments were word documents, however, I have now received a pdf attachment, and of course it cannot be read in word. How do i cancel the default setting of word.
Thanks for your help.

Zaphod 3 09:33 19 Jul 05

Do you have Acrobat Reader installed?

BRYNIT 09:40 19 Jul 05

Fount these instructions in the outlook help file it may help.

Change the program that starts when you open a file

Many file types in Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 2000 are registered to be opened by a particular program. For example, Notepad starts when you want to open a text (.txt) file. You can change the program that starts when you open a file of a certain type.

In My Computer or Windows Explorer, click the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.

In the Registered file types list, click the file type you want to open with a different program, and then click Change.

In the Open With dialog box, select the program you want to use, and then click OK.
Click OK in the Folder Options dialog box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…