Outlook Archive File

colinm2 16:59 27 Mar 05

I have tried to transfer an Outlook pst file from my old computer to my new one but I keep getting an error message. I archived all my emails and transferred my pst file on to a CD which I then transferred on to my hard drive.

When I try to open it I get the following message"properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" then it says "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access the file C:\..........outlook.pst"

Looking for some help, I have deleted the orig. so this is the only source of getting them back.

Thanks,

Colin

bremner 17:09 27 Mar 05

Check the properties of the pst file on the HDD and ensure it is not read only.

rawprawn 17:22 27 Mar 05

Try copying the file from the CD to your HDD, and then try and open it. That sometimes works.

rawprawn 17:23 27 Mar 05

Sorry Ignore me I can't read.

BRYNIT 18:02 27 Mar 05

If you have MS Office XP or above it has its own program that will save all settings to transfer to another computer and is easier to use.

In win XP go to start/all programs/office/office tools/save my settings wizard. Once saved transfer file to new computer and run wizard again. This will transfer all setting, e-mails/accounts etc. It will not transfer passwords.

colinm2 20:07 27 Mar 05

No, I am afraid it is Outlook 2000 running on windows 2000, the new computer is XP but will still be running Office 2000.

colinm2 20:11 27 Mar 05

Sorted now, unchecked the read only box as per suggestion, worked a treat.

VoG II 20:12 27 Mar 05

Are you using File/Import? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…