Outlook and annoying security

PaulCrane 17:11 16 Mar 05

I recently applied an update to my Outlook 2000 installation. Since then, email won't send without me having to go through some annoying dialogue boxes. After I click send, I first get a message asking if I want to allow my contacts in Outlook to be accessed. I have an option to allow it for that message and also to allow it for between 1 and 10 minutes. Then I get another message saying a program is trying to send an email and asking if I want to allow that. This is bad enough but I can't click yes until a time bar has filled, a delay of several seconds. It's amazing how annoying those seconds are when your trying to get some work done!

Does anyone know how I can stop these extra "security" precautions? I've tried looking at the security settings but I just can't find anything.

I can email picture of the dialogue boxes if that helps.

PaulC

rawprawn 17:41 16 Mar 05

It sounds to me as though you have a Psion, or at least the software for it. That is the message I get when I want to transfer data to my Psion. Check in add or remove programs.

PaulCrane 17:48 16 Mar 05

Thanks but it can't be that, I've never had a psion, nor has ther ever been one connected to my PC. I'm pretty sure it's Outlook itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…