Outlook and annoying security

PaulCrane 17:11 16 Mar 05

I recently applied an update to my Outlook 2000 installation. Since then, email won't send without me having to go through some annoying dialogue boxes. After I click send, I first get a message asking if I want to allow my contacts in Outlook to be accessed. I have an option to allow it for that message and also to allow it for between 1 and 10 minutes. Then I get another message saying a program is trying to send an email and asking if I want to allow that. This is bad enough but I can't click yes until a time bar has filled, a delay of several seconds. It's amazing how annoying those seconds are when your trying to get some work done!

Does anyone know how I can stop these extra "security" precautions? I've tried looking at the security settings but I just can't find anything.

I can email picture of the dialogue boxes if that helps.

PaulC

rawprawn 17:41 16 Mar 05

It sounds to me as though you have a Psion, or at least the software for it. That is the message I get when I want to transfer data to my Psion. Check in add or remove programs.

PaulCrane 17:48 16 Mar 05

Thanks but it can't be that, I've never had a psion, nor has ther ever been one connected to my PC. I'm pretty sure it's Outlook itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…