Outlook address book problems

osben 10:26 20 Apr 08

Hi

Outlook 2002 Windows XP pro

When I go to send a new e-mail, I used to be able to click on "TO" to bring up my list of addresses in the address book and then click on the apropriate one.

Since I have reinstalled everything onto my new computer, whenever I do that, i get a message come up saying:
""The address list could not be displayed. The contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened, may have been moved or deleted"

When I click on the address book icon at the top or click on the "contact folder" it brings up the same message.

I know there are email addresses in the folder as I have put some there myself.

I know that there is a "contact" Folder there as it shows in the list of folders on the left of the outlook screen.

What has gone wrong. I have tried doing a "Detect and Repair" but this didn't help

I hope the above makes sense and if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

regards

rawprawn 10:32 20 Apr 08
  Taff™ 10:36 20 Apr 08

Watching with interest because I have the same problem however the work round I use is to click on the address book icon to the left of th "TO:..." Then drop the box down where it says "Show names from the" and choose another Outlook Address Book - Strangely this brings up my current address book.

I think this is because I have restored the Outlook.pst file previously from a backup and something doesn`t quite register correctly. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Taff™ 10:38 20 Apr 08

Interesting - I`ll try that later!

osben 09:19 21 Apr 08

HI rawprawn

Thanks for the help. It did the job. Very easy when you know how isn't it!!!

Would you happen to know how I can seamlessy copy my contact addresses over from one computer to the other without any problems.

Thanks again
Regards

rawprawn 09:59 21 Apr 08

Get Outlook backup click here save your Outlook Backup as a .PST file and export it to a pen drive.Install Outlook on your new computer and then import the .PST file
It is an excellent program in it's own right, I use it all the time as a backup in case thing go belly up.

rawprawn 10:02 21 Apr 08

PS When you export you can export everything or just your Contacts.

osben 10:24 21 Apr 08

Thanks rawprawn

I'll give it go.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos