Outlook address book to Outlook Express

Mad Mick 22:32 06 Jan 04

How to transfer all outlook address book entries to the outlook express address book

Mad Mick 22:35 06 Jan 04

Should have read:- How do I transfer all outlook address book entries to the outlook express address book. Any advice gratefully received.

GroupFC 22:43 06 Jan 04

Have a look at these threads at click here and click here.

These are for going from OE to Outlook but will presumably work in reverse!

If you get stuck post back and I'll see if I can help further!

woodchip 22:43 06 Jan 04

Have you tried the Import Facility in Outlook Express in the Menu or under Mail. I do not use it now so just cannot remember exact Place that the Import is

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:52 06 Jan 04

You can export the contacts in Outlook xp as a CSV file, file\import-export\export as a file, select CSV windows and then select the contacts folder and save it to your desktop.

Then in OE click file\import\other address book and select CSV and select the file on the desktop. Works fine for me!

G

Mad Mick 23:29 06 Jan 04

Gandalf it works fine and the CSV file appears on the desktop but when I try to import it to OE it throws up an error message

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:34 06 Jan 04

Are you clicking on 'OTHER address book' rather than 'address book' when importing into OE? If you are clicking on 'other address book' delete the file and start again. I did it before my last posting and it worked fine.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:35 06 Jan 04

When exporting the file from Outlook are you selecting CSV.windows and not CSV DOS?

G

Mad Mick 23:42 06 Jan 04

Yes, I am selecting csv.windows. Do I need to map custom fields?

Mad Mick 00:00 07 Jan 04

Going to bed. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks to all for the help so far.

DieSse 00:45 07 Jan 04

In Outlook Express - open the Address Book - go to Tools - Options and try setting it to share address books. This may acheive what you want (though it doesn't actually import the sddresses).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…