Outlook Accounts not Accessible

D_a_v_e_S 09:08 28 Nov 08

Using Outlook 2000, XP, Norton360, wired connection to Netgear Router.
E mails are sent and recieved OK - so far no problem!
But if i go Tools;Accounts to access the e-mail account settings it does nothing - doesn't open the panel - it's like nothing is connected to the Accounts button.
Also the same if i go Tools; Options;Mail Delivery;Accounts - does nothing
Same with Control Panel; Mail - does nothing!

So whilst mail goes in & out it's OK but having found this problem I want to restore access to account settings so that if I do need to change then i can.
Dave

rawprawn 09:13 28 Nov 08

Try Help> Repair

rawprawn 09:14 28 Nov 08

Should read "Detect & Repair"

D_a_v_e_S 11:00 28 Nov 08

rawprawn - have just tried that and it hasn't changed anything unfortunately

Rahere 11:37 28 Nov 08

Have you any spam blocking or antivirus plugins installed? This will sometimes cause Outlook to stall. - check in Task Manager that more than one instance of Outlook isn't running at the same time - close one and you will be fine again!

If that doesn't work I'd uninstall Office 2000 reboot and reinstall - obviously you want to back up your emails first - search for .pst file and save a copy to another folder!

D_a_v_e_S 11:49 28 Nov 08

Everything is running OK except the ability to access Accounts
Have switched off N360 - no effect on Outlook
Only one instance runing
Have already tried re-install but the e-mail set up Wizard won't allow you to set up accounts - no error message - it just reaches a point when you can't proceed.

Rahere 11:53 28 Nov 08

Sounds like you have a conflict with a security program or a bad copy of the install disc - have you tried repair or reinstall in safe mode?

D_a_v_e_S 15:35 28 Nov 08

I have completely uninstalled Office 2000 and only re-installed Outlook - still the same issue. I also tried uninstall in safe mode but it said can't do as installer not available.

rawprawn 16:05 28 Nov 08

Check that Outlook is your Default Email Client

D_a_v_e_S 16:16 28 Nov 08

Just checked and it is the default (not that I have ever used any others)
Ta

rawprawn 16:40 28 Nov 08

I would uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller in Advanced mode click here
Reboot afterwards and reinstall, I think it must be a registry setting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…