Outlook - like?

LadySpudz 11:54 15 Jul 03

Are there any "all in one" programs out there in the vein of Outlook, only with newsgroup abilities too?

A program that does email, calendar, tasks, newsgroups, a 'Today' summary page, etc . . . and looks good too?

Am I asking tooo much? g>

mdshamilton 12:02 15 Jul 03

Outlook - the full version (not Express), does newsgroups.

mdshamilton 12:04 15 Jul 03

In Outlook, click "View", "Go to", then "News".

Jester2K II 12:31 15 Jul 03

Outlook Costs

Outlook Express allows yopu to use News Groups and comes free with Windows.

Tools menu, Accounts, News Tab, Add....

Webmaster 12:43 15 Jul 03

I'm wondering if Netscape does all this, does anybody know? The reason I suggest it is because Netscape is 'less' prone to virus attacks.

LadySpudz 16:36 15 Jul 03

Don't see anywhere in Outlook to do newsgroups . . .

Have used Express, but then don't have the calendar, tasks etc... all in the one program.

Do we think there is no 'replacement' for Outlook then?

Thanks for the input so far!

Jester2K II 16:39 15 Jul 03

From within Outlook

Click the View menu, point to Go To, and then click News. This will start the Outlok Express Newreader.

mdshamilton 10:55 18 Jul 03

In the posts to your question there are brief directions to adding newsgroups to Outlook and Outlook Express - you asked for something "in the vein of Outlook". So, why not use Outlook.

I believe that there are stand alone newsgroup readers, but why use a further application if Outlook is what you want?

Jester2K II 10:59 18 Jul 03

mdshamilton

Maybe LadySpudz doesn't have Outlook!

LadySpudz 11:55 18 Jul 03

Opening OE {for newsgroups} from within Outlook still means having to open another program.

I have used Outlook and was hoping there was a program out there that would 'cover it all', didn't have the security issues and was more appealing to the eye . . .

I'm guessing there aren't any then. Will keep scouring the net and possibly someone will create one. You'd think after all these years it'd already have been done!!

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…