Outlook 98 install problems

OK Computer 09:29 04 Sep 03

I have a bit of a unique problem, I am attempting to install Outlook 98 and I?m receiving the following error message:

There is insufficient space for installation on one or more drives. Please free up some hard-disk space and click next, or click Back to change your installation options or folder.

You need to have ?54098? KB free on drive C.

The thing is I have 8.03gb free on my C:\ drive.

The PC is on Windows 2000 with Office 97. It has service pack 4 installed (which I have tried re-installing). I have re-installed Office but still had no joy.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Martin

moore_mat 09:48 04 Sep 03

Believe it or not - you may have too much free disk space!

I've just had a look through Google on this one, and it would appear that many people (including officials from Microsoft) are suggesting that to install it, you need to start filling your hard drive up to brin it below 4Gb free:-
click here

and

click here

From the look of it, I would just suggest copying a few folders into a temporary holding area to bring the free space down, then once you have outlook on delete the copies..

Remember in the computing world, nothing is ever unique - especially when it comes to Micro$oft!!! :-)

Regards

Mat

OK Computer 10:02 04 Sep 03

Thanks for the reply.

The links do look similar to the problems i'm having but what doesnt make sense is i have installed Outlook 98 on much bigger partitions that 9gb!

OK Computer 13:36 04 Sep 03

re-installed windows 2000 and it seems to be ok now! strange...oh well thanks anyway

Mart

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…