Outlook 97

Zeltine 10:57 03 Jun 03

Hello, I wonder if you can help, well I am sure that you can..
I am helping a charity that has just had a server put in. They are running Outlook 97. The problem is that, the contacts on a certain user has been duplicated. i.e Mailbox - User then has another folder created at the same level called Personal Folders with all of the sys folders in it such as Inbox e.t.c, is there anyway that I can delete this second folder tree called Personal Folders?

Many thanks for your time......

Taran 13:52 03 Jun 03

Which version of Windows is the server running and what are the client machines running ?

How did you configure the server ?

Does Exchange come into play at any point ?

Try and give as much detail as possible and one of us will try and assist.

moore_mat 14:13 03 Jun 03

As a quick overview, the "Mailbox" is where your mail gets delivered (i.e. the e-mail server) and "Personal Folders" is quite often created by Outlook as a local storage for your e-mails, etc. Hence - when you look in to Personal Folders, you see Inbox, etc.

If you can confirm that you do not use the Personal Folders at all, then you can remove it by going to START --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Double Click Mail, highlight "Personal Folders" then click remove.

That's only if you DEFINATELY do not use Personal folders for anything!

When you get back with more info, we'll be able to help with the duplicate contact bits.

Regards

Mat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…