OUTLOOK

xptosmtbd 08:40 18 Apr 03
  VoG™ 08:48 18 Apr 03

Click on "New" to create a new e-mail. In the new mail window click on the down arrow next to "Accounts" and select the one that you want to use.

xptosmtbd 09:04 18 Apr 03

Hi, Thanks for your reply but I cant find "accounts" I am using Outlook and not Outlook express is this why?......

VoG™ 09:06 18 Apr 03

In Outlook (XP, 2002) the Accounts button is the second from the left - Send, Accounts, ...

xptosmtbd 09:10 18 Apr 03

No it isn't there I afraid. What to do now?? sorry to be a pain...

VoG™ 09:18 18 Apr 03

Click New to create a new e-mail.

View/Toolbars and check that Standard is ticked.

If this doesn't bring up the Accounts button, View/Toolbars/Customize, select the Commands tab, in the left hand pane click on Standard - you should now see Accounts in the right hand pane. Click on Accounts, keep the mouse button pressed and drag the button onto any toolbar.

DieSse 09:24 18 Apr 03

In Outlook, set up two email accounts - identical apart from the names you use in the email address field. Call one account Sandra, one account Val.

Then when you compose the email, and click Send - instead of clicking the Send button, click the pull-down arrow to the immediate right of it - then choose to send as Val or Sandra.

If you wish to, you can also set up a rule to sort your incoming mail into different folders - but that's a slightly different matter.

xptosmtbd 10:42 18 Apr 03

Nearly there but it's now asking me for server information e.g. incoming mail server and outgoing mail server. Where can I find this information?....

DieSse 14:32 18 Apr 03

In the account settings for the existing account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…