Outlook

Ziggymoon 17:20 11 Jan 09

My computer was using outlook express but seems to have changed to outlook (not sure how) and the icon for outlook express has disappeared. How can I get Outlook Express back? Any advice appreciated.

rawprawn 17:24 11 Jan 09

You haven't said which OS you are using, but I suspect XP. Set the default email client to Outlook Express

VoG II 17:25 11 Jan 09

Start, Run, enter

msimn.exe

and click OK. Assuming that OE opens, Tools > Options > General tab > click Make Default.

Pineman100 17:38 11 Jan 09

If you've lost your desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and you want to put it back there, here's how:

Click Start>All Programs and find Outlook Express on the program list. Hold down your Ctrl key and then click and hold down your left mouse button over the Outlook Express entry in the program list. Still holding down Ctrl and your mouse button, drag your cursor over to a blank area of the desktop. Release your mouse button, then Ctrl.

You should now have a shortcut to Outlook Express on your desktop.

Ziggymoon 18:58 11 Jan 09

I think i've worked out what happened.I downloaded Microsoft office on my computer which contains Outlook and Outlook seems to have replaced Outlook Express. When I now go into programs, Outlook Express is no longer there. is there any way of getting it back now?

MAJ 19:17 11 Jan 09

"I downloaded Microsoft office"

eh??
you can't download MS Office. Where did you download it from?

Pineman100 19:21 11 Jan 09

Outlook Express is almost certainly still there. It's just no longer your default email program.

Follow VoG™'s advice above.

Ziggymoon 19:22 11 Jan 09

I meant to say installed from a disc

johnnyrocker 19:46 11 Jan 09

try control panel add/remove, select add windows program if oe is listed?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…