Outlook

jono366 18:15 25 Aug 06

I am to fix a mates pc. Problem is he has emails on outlook that he would like to save..... as i cant get the pc to start i dont know how to save them. Does anyone know if there is a file on the pc that i can save and once i replace this on a new istalation would the emails be there?

I dont use outlook so i have no idea how to do this.... any help would be welcome.

Jono

Pineman100 18:33 25 Aug 06

I know there is a hidden file that holds all of Outlook's data, but I can't remember what it's called (not much help, eh?).

I'm posting this to bump you to the top, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer - 'cos I'd like that information too!

jono366 18:38 25 Aug 06

cheers for the bump...lol. I never thought about hidden files...... what an idiot!..... I would have guessed it would have been in the outllok forlder under program files. Anyone else shed some light on this??

wee eddie 18:53 25 Aug 06

Get a External Drive Caddy - USB for preference. Remove his HDD and install it in the Caddy and then you can access it from your Laptop.

You should save both archive.pst and Outlook.pst to keep all his old e-mails but you may be able to solve the problem without damaging his HDD that way.

p.s. Make sure that your AV is right up to date and then you can run it on the External Drive.

jono366 18:57 25 Aug 06

Are these 2 files in the outlook folder in program files?

VoG II 18:59 25 Aug 06

click here;en-us;287070

VoG II 19:04 25 Aug 06

OOps! click here

Thanks wee eddie!

Pineman100 18:42 26 Aug 06

Yes, thanks Wee Eddie, and thanks VoG too. This time I've made a careful note of the files!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017