outlook

mr. h 18:27 02 Aug 05

how do i transfer all my email info from one pc to another. both are running xp pro and are networked

GaT7 18:36 02 Aug 05

click here. Outlook 2000 & OE are further down the page. G

PC Bilbo 18:50 02 Aug 05

Mr.h see below copied from Outlook Wizard.

Export items to a file or to a personal folder file
On the File menu, click Import and Export.

Click Export to a file.

Follow the instructions in the Import and Export Wizard.
Note If you export to a file for use in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, select either the Tab Separated Values or the Comma Separated Values file type. To export to a file for use in Microsoft Publisher, select the Comma Separated Values file type."

with XP there is a transfer wizard which tells you how to transfer both your email and internet settings. You do not have to have XP on both as it also will work with win 98 & 2000.

You can save your address book by exporting from drop down menu under File in Contacts into a comma
separated value (windows) format file onto a floppy or other media you can transfer into My Docs or Desktop.You will need to change format of this file before importing into your e-mail address book.

It's probably easier if you also have it in Outlook Express to do it from there as a WAB Web Address File as this format will import directly without change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…