Outlook

AP22 19:23 09 Jul 05

I am one of those people who keeps most of my past emails. I always find it very useful to be able to go back and search either for business or personal. Is there a way I can have a second copy of Outlook running as the archive version working offline whilst I keep the primary copy of Outlook as the current on line version? Alternatively, is there a SIMPLE backup programme that lets you view past emails by folders without importing them back into the current Outlook version?
Thanks

Graham ® 19:42 09 Jul 05
  DieSse 00:50 10 Jul 05

If you're talking about Outlook, and not Outlook Express, then the link above is not for you.

You can archive your emails, and keep them as a folder in Outlook to open only when required. They don't need to be exported or imported. If you don't want to have them showing all the time in the folder list, then you needn't - it's only necessary to do a File - Open operation on the archive file to read them.

BUT there's no downside at all that I can see to keeping them showing all the time in the Outlook folder list.

The archive is held in a seperate .PST file to the main file - so there's already a separation built-in for backup/safety purposes.

Since you can make up any folder structure that you want in Outlook, all I do is move my emails to folders of my choice, so as not to keep the main boxes cluttered up - simple housekeeping is really all that's needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos