Outlook 2010, Gmail and Mailwasher

SURVEY 18:15 PM 31 Dec 11
Answered

For some reason Malwasher is retaining gmail emails that have been succesfully downloaded to Outlook 2010. When I used Windows Live Mail (and previous to that Outlook Express) once downloaded, mailwasher would remove them from its screen when next checking emails. I cannot find anywhere in Outlook 2010's Account settings where one can uncheck the usual box option to retain emails on the server. Can anyone help? This is driving me nuts!

SURVEY 18:49 PM 31 Dec 11

I am also experiencing a problem with Outlook never-endingly stating that it is 'synchronising subscribed folders' with this particular gmail account. Can the two problems be linked?. I had seen somewhere a suggestion to disable the firewall and also incresae the time-outs on mail - have tried both without improvement.

SURVEY 01:06 AM 03 Jan 12
Answer

For anyone else having these problems. I sorted mine as follows. To have Mailwasher remove downloaded emails, the Outlook email account must be set as a POP3 account rather than IMAP. Regarding the continual syncing, initially the first sync can take some time particularly if you have a lot of emails; I couldn't believe how long it aws taking.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay