Outlook 2010

ol blueeyes 13:41 14 Jan 10

'550 RCPT TO Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH'

You may recall I had this trouble earlier in Microsoft office 2003 and also office 2010 Beta.
Well it went away and all was well. now it has returned. The problem being i can receive E:Mails
but not send They are returned with the message
'550 RCPT TO Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH'. But again the TEST Message is transmitted and received OK. So that shows I have set it up correctly. I am currently using Office 2010 beta. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem please ?

Thank you

Sea Urchin 13:54 14 Jan 10

It would be helpful if you could post your original threads in this one - I have posted them below.

In your last thread you said "the last time I try Beta software" but I see you're now trying it again. Also, I don't think you mentioned that you were having this problem in Outlook 2003 but only in the 2010 Beta.

Is this again just to one recipient (as before) or on all your sent email?

click here

click here

mgmcc 14:02 14 Jan 10

Are you using the SMTP server of the ISP with which you are connected to the internet? Also, the error message suggests that you should be using SMTP Authentication, which normally involves entering the same Username/Password as for retrieving mail.

ol blueeyes 14:14 14 Jan 10

I could go into a long story about someone else loading office 2010 Beta onto this Computer but I won't I'll sort it all out myself goodbye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac