Outlook 2007 - won't accept new calendar entries

The Thread Baron 14:45 09 Feb 09

My beloved 1 year-old son switched off my computer and now Outlook won't let me create any new calendar entries, amend existing ones, or sync with my phone. Email is working perfectly, it just appears to have disabled some calendar functions.

This happened once before, I got a message saying it hadn't closed properly and was running in safe mode - I solved it by re-installing outlook, but I don't want to go to that length. I'm not getting that message this time but in all other respects it's exactly the same.

How can I recover the full calendar functions?

The Thread Baron 14:51 09 Feb 09

I've just found that I can receive emails, but can't create new ones or send replies.

VoG II 16:41 09 Feb 09

Try Help > Office Diagnostics.

The Thread Baron 18:00 09 Feb 09

Already tried that - came back with no problems.

User-1229748 18:12 09 Feb 09

no help i'm afraid but how do these babies press the combination of buttons to bugger something up,my little 2 year old nephew did the same with my phone,don't ya just love em though :o)

VoG II 18:31 09 Feb 09

System Restore might be worth trying if registry entries have been changed.

The Thread Baron 21:29 09 Feb 09

Having checked out other elements of the MS Office suite it appears the whole lot is affected. Nothing's working properly; can't create anything in Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, can only open existing files but not create or modify anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…