Outlook 2007 New Install Big Issue

Masugahau 05:16 06 May 08

I installed Outlook 2007 for the first time a few months ago. Right after installing I opened it to set up my email and it immediately asked me to "sign in to Gmail" I clicked "cancel" because I hadn't set anything up. Next popped up a window asking for my "Microsoft Exchange Server:" and "Mailbox:". I tried to cancel out of this, but then Outlook closes, claiming "Cannot open your default mail folders. C:/Documents and Setting (etc) is not an offline folder file."

What do I do? I think it is trying to migrate settings from Outlook Express, but it is copletely uninstalled and registry deleted. Help!!!

rawprawn 07:07 06 May 08

The following steps will set Outlook as your default mail program.
Make it your default email client
On the Tools menu in Office Outlook, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
Under General, select the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar check box.
Note Making Outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and calendar does not automatically add or configure e-mail accounts in your Outlook profile. If you want to send or read e-mail messages in Outlook, you must add and configure the e-mail account as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…