outlook 2007

ranch 08:46 11 Jul 09

It may be a stupid question, but what is the purpose of Outlook 2007? I have recently installed Office 2007 and am being asked to configure Outlook 2007. If I enter my Windows Mail email will I receive emails in both accounts or only when I open Outlook 2007? If I enter a different email account (not Windows Mail) which password do I enter in the Outlook configuration - is it the different email account password or the password issued by my ISP? Thanks.

Marko797 09:09 11 Jul 09

Outlook is an email programme, part of MS Office.
You can configure it for use as your email if you want, and if so, will receive email to both your ISP email, and Outlook. I have configured mine for my main email programme. I'm actually on AOL, so whenever I receive an email to my AOL email, it comes through to Outlook, which I prefer to AOL.
Go to Tools, Email accounts, New, and configure from there. Try googling Outlook 2007 configure, and it may provide the solution.

Marko797 09:13 11 Jul 09

you can tick an option to leave a copy of the message on your ISP email, or not, which is useful as a back-up for any emails which you unintentionally delete.

On setting it all up, try this click here

Sea Urchin 18:49 11 Jul 09

To answer your original question Windows Mail and Outlook are two different email programs, and you could receive mail in either if you wished. However, if you are happily using Windows Mail then I would suggest you don't need to worry about Outlook.

Woolwell 20:25 11 Jul 09

Outlook is a bit more than just e-mail as it contains calendar, contacts, e-mail and task in one program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…