Outlook 2007

amyjen7 17:40 07 Jun 09

Hi So far I have not configured Outlook 2007 as I have been concerned it will interfere with my account with Tiscali but sometimes I can't open attachments sent with emails because of this. Can you reassure me there will be no problems? Thank you. I run Vista Home premium & the most recent version of Windows Explorer

Kind regards

Sea Urchin 17:53 07 Jun 09

I assume you mean the most recent version of Internet Explorer? So presumably you are viewing email on the Tiscali website? The fact that you cannot open attachments would have nothing to do with not using Outlook. What happens when you try to open them?

And there is no reason why configuring Outlook should "interfere" with your Tiscali account - it's designed to collect your mail from Tiscali.

mfletch 18:02 07 Jun 09

A lot of email programs will block certain attachments but you can alter them so they will,

This is for Windows live mail

Click the Tools menu, and then click Safety options.

If you can't see the menu bar, in the upper right corner of the screen, click the Show menu button , and then click Show all menus.

Click the Security tab, and then, in the Virus Protection section, clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus.
Click OK.

This doesn't unblock blocked attachments that you've already received, but any attachments that you receive in the future won't be blocked.

Sea Urchin 18:06 07 Jun 09

I think mfletch means "but you can alter them so they will NOT"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos