Outlook 2003 won't close

exdragon 14:26 13 May 10

Hi - recently, whenever I close the PC down, Outlook 2003 (not OE) won't close. The only way I can get rid of it is via the Task Manager and Processes. It isn't listed on the Applications tab. Also, quite frequently, there are several entries for the programme.

I've tried Detect and Repair and thought I'd solved the problem by unticking 'Microsoft Office Outlook plug in' in Kaspersky's Mail Anti Virus option.

I did use Sysinfo to remove several items from Start up, but nothing mentioned Outlook.

Any ideas, please? I've got XP.

Sea Urchin 14:49 13 May 10

Might be worth reading through this:

click here

Sea Urchin 14:51 13 May 10

I had this problem with Outlook and used a shutdown add-in which worked well - so if you cannot find a conflict in your system this might interest you

click here

Woolwell 14:55 13 May 10

I had this problem with a sync program for my mobile phone which was keeping Outlook open. This happened a couple of years ago now and I regret I cannot remember the exact program or the fix so I haven't been much help but can sympathise.

exdragon 15:45 13 May 10

Thanks - I had a look at your first link, Sea Urchin, and disabled an itunes add-in as well as the FileCentre one and it seems to have worked, so far, anyway!

I don't know if the itunes one should be there, but we'll see in the fullness of thim, I expect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…